Welcome to room 222!
Homework will be assigned Monday through Thursday, and occasionally on Fridays. It is the student’s responsibility to write down the assigned homework assignments in their “STUDENT PLANNER” every day. Parents are also required to sign the planner on a daily basis, acknowledging that they have checked the homework for that particular day.
All Assignments must be turned in on the dates that are due. No late work will be accepted.
The following is a list of materials that Mr. Mendoza strongly recommends:
1. Pocket dictionary (1)
2. White line spiral notebooks (2) (one for History, one for English)
3. 3-ring binder (1)
4. Lined paper - 8 ½ x 11 college ruled
5. Divider set – 8 tabs minimum
6. Pencils (3)
7. Pencil sharpener w/ shavings case (1)
8. Black or blue pens (3), one red pen for editing, revising, and corrections
9. Crayons or color pencils (1)
10. Highlighters for annotating various reading and text (different colors)
11. Independent reading book (Language Arts students)
Students are expected to use the bathroom before school, after school, and during nutrition and lunch. Limited privileges will be given to use the bathroom during class time. However, this privilege will be taken away to those students that abuse it.